Skip the Microsoft Windows 10 queues and force the update to install
Sick of waiting around whilst Windows 10 rolls out across the world? Lets get our hands on it right now, we have your back!
Microsoft’s Window 10 update is going to be extremely popular on an epic scale, with experts warning it could “break the internet”.
But many people are not currently able to download the update, because it is being rolled out “in waves” across the world.
Testers were given access to the download on Tuesday, but the rest of us will have to wait until Microsoft decides it’s our time to peer into the new Windows.
The Windows 10 install app will tell you when its time to download – which could be today, tomorrow or even next week depending on how Microsoft’s servers cope with the staggering amount of traffic.
Windows 10 Features
For those who don’t want to wait for Microsoft’s say-so, the great folk of Reddit reckon they’ve found a way to skip the download queue. Which we’ve tested and WORKS!
Here’s our guide to forcing Windows 10 to install, which is based upon the advice from VentureBeat.
A warning: undertake this process at your own risk, because Mirror Online has been unable to test it.
- Open your hard drive and navigate to the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download (changing the letter C if you’ve given your hard drive a different name.
- Delete all the files in this folder.
- Open command prompt by bashing the the Windows key and typing CMD. This should show you a black window with white writing.
- Make sure you are signed in as an administrator by right-clicking and selecting “run as administrator”.
- Go to the Windows Update screen by hitting the windows key and typing “Windows Update”.
- Click the check for updates button and while the computer is thinking, go back in the command prompt screen, type “ ” and press enter.
EASY AS THAT 🙂
Credits: Video – Windows